How to Make Money Online as a Teenager: Never Too Early to Start
Now more than ever, it’s easy to make money online. However, it can seem tricky to find a way to bring in cash online as a teenager. Are there any online jobs for teens you can access? How do you find them, and what do you do?
Read on to learn more about how to make money online as a teenager. If you want to make an income, even if you’re not quite old enough to take on a career, there are many options out there. It’s never too early to start making money online!
How Old Do You Need to Be to Make Money Online?
Most people consider teenagers to span the ages between thirteen and eighteen. If you’re on the younger end of this spectrum, knowing if you’re old enough to earn money can be tricky.
For many sites, you need to be at least eighteen years old to work. Although there are many exceptions, most sites can’t pay you unless you’re eighteen, which narrows down the options if you’re younger than this age.
Make sure you don’t lie about your age online! There are restrictions for a reason. Tell your parents about what you’re doing so they can help you make smart choices while you navigate the internet.
How Much Money Can You Make Online as a Teen?
You can make money online as a teen, but just how much can you make? It’s almost impossible to find something equivalent to a full-time job at such a young age. Is it even worth taking on the task of searching for jobs online?
As a teen, you can make a decent amount of money. The best ways to bring in a maximum sum include the following:
- Taking on multiple jobs: Most jobs for teens online pay a small amount of cash. If you take on numerous at once, you can bring in a more considerable amount than you would if you only had one at a time.
- Being persistent: Persistence is vital, and persistence will pay off in the end. If you wake up every day and put time into your jobs, it will pay off.
- Working hard: To make good money, you’ll need to work hard. The more you put in, the more you’ll get out.
By keeping these in mind during your search, you’ll be able to bring in cash that will serve you well as you slowly transition into the adult phase of your life.
The bottom line is that, even as a teenager, you need to work hard to make more money. This statement is something that will follow you into the rest of your working career. If you can take on more than one job as a teenager online, you’ll make more.
What Do You Do With Money Made Online?
If you make money online as a teenager, what do you do with it? You likely don’t have bills to pay, groceries to buy, or college debt to pay off. Once you’ve collected an income, it can be tempting to spend it. However, there are many things you can do with the money you make online as a teenager.
Once you make money from an online source, you might do one of the following things with these funds:
- Create a savings account: You can make a savings account and hold onto your funds for the future.
- Invest it: You can invest your money in a brokerage system if you are at least eighteen, or you can ask a guardian to do it for you.
- Treat yourself: Of course, you can always spend your money on something you’ll enjoy.
Ultimately, the decision is up to you, and you’re the one who earned money.
Now that you know what to do with the money, you’ll need to know how to earn it. There are many online jobs for teens if you know where to look. It’s time to find something that works for you to obtain money to do something within your pocket.
Online Jobs for Teens
Now that you know more about how old you need to be, how much you can earn, and what you can do with the money, it’s time to talk about online jobs for teens. There are a lot of them out there, and all require a different type of skillset from the sellers.
Read on to learn more about a few of the best jobs you can do online as a teenager. It can be a little trickier to make money at this age, but it’s certainly not impossible. Start preparing for your future now and take on a job all by yourself!
Earn with Swagbucks
Swagbucks is one of the easiest ways a teenager can make money online. Although you won’t get a lot of money per activity, there are plenty of things to take on that you can accomplish whenever you have time. Swagbucks has many opportunities for teenagers.
If you’re a teenager, you can make money on Swagbucks by:
- Taking surveys: Swagbucks offers several survey options for users to choose from when they want to earn.
- Watching videos: With Swagbucks, you can earn money by playing videos in the background of your day-to-day.
- Playing games: There’s even an option to play free games on Swag bucks so you can earn money for yourself.
Each of these offers a different reward value for your time.
If you don’t want to take on a full-time or even part-time job, Swagbucks is for you. You can get paid through gift cards or, if you’re over the age of eighteen, through a Paypal account.
Sell on Etsy
Etsy is a creative website that allows users to profit off of their handmade creations. As a teenager, you can make a shop for yourself and display your wares for everyone to see. From there, people can buy your items. There’s something about homemade that people can’t wait to get their hands on.
To open a shop, you’ll need to pay a small fee. You’ll also need to verify your age and get approved before you can post items to your shop. These actions keep users on the site professional and allow a way for you to receive payment.
Some things you could sell on Etsy include:
- Blankets: You can hand-knit blankets together and even make them custom-order for customers.
- Clothing: You can put unique designs on clothing or hand-create pieces. These pieces can range from t-shirts to sweatpants and everything in between.
- Artwork: You can sell all types of artwork, from paintings to clay sculptures.
There is sure to be someone out there who will love your product if you put time and care into your shop.
If you’re under eighteen, get a parent to help you set everything up. You might also need some help shipping out the items if people buy them. It’s also critical to remember that you’ll need to pay for your supplies if you open up an Etsy shop, so you won’t get to keep everything you earn.
Make YouTube Videos
YouTube has been around for a long time. If you like making videos, there’s a way to earn money through this unique site as a teenager. Even young teenagers can have a share in creativity without worrying about being pushed out of the system.
Some of the most popular genres of Youtubers include those that make videos about:
- Video games: People love playing video games, but they also love watching others play video games! If you’re entertaining, people will love you!
- Lifestyle: Lifestyle videos display things like exercise routines, diets, and even daily schedules. Viewers love to see how other people live.
- Commentary: People adore videos where YouTubers react and comment on videos that already exist online.
People tend to flock to these varieties.
If you love something you want to show to others, you can gather an audience no matter how old you are! Once you have enough people who tune in to each video, you can monetize your content through Youtube by adding advertisements to your videos. From there, all you need to do is continue posting!
Start a Blog
If you like to write, you can start a blog and monetize it for money. To do this, you’ll need to grow the readers who visit your page every time you post, and you’ll need to write about topics that all kinds of people will find interesting.
Some examples of things you can write about include:
- Life advice: Everyone out there is looking for advice! As a teenager, you can write to other teenagers and even adults to guide them on their journey.
- Book and movie reviews: If you’re passionate about books and movies, you can write reviews on what you read and see to help guide others towards what they’ll enjoy.
- Interesting topics: You can also write about what feels fun to you! If you like hiking, you can make a blog about that. If you love toys, you can do that too. There are so many options available to you.
With these, you’re sure to find people who will love your blog!
Writing is fun, and it’s possible to make money from it even as a teenager! Create a free account on a website like WordPress and start writing your blog today. A parent can help you get going if you feel lost.
Create a Podcast
Podcasts have increased in popularity over the years, especially with genres like true crime and storytelling. If you’re fascinated with the art of the spoken word, you can create a podcast of your choosing and work with brand partners to earn some money as a teenager.
With a podcast, you can create pieces like:
- Commentary videos: People love commentary! Talk about your ideas about things that have come out, like movies and TV shows.
- Stories: You can always get creative and tell stories in a podcast format. Remember that you can’t do anything visual with podcasts, so your words matter!
- Opinion pieces: You can talk about your opinion on everything from political items to books and everything in between.
There’s an audience out there for all of these.
Once you have a large enough audience, you can monetize your work and bring in an income. It might take a while to do this, but don’t give up! A podcast is one of the best ways to make money as a teenager online.
Utilize Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys is a survey site that allows you to bring in money by answering a few questions in your spare time. You can take as many as you offer, racking up the funds in the extra time you have. Teens can take these whether they’re at school or home.
This site will only take a moment of your time. Whenever you have time, you can take some of the surveys offered to you. They can range in topics, and you can select the ones you think you’ll enjoy the most. Branded Surveys are a great way to make a little bit of money as a teenager in your spare time!
Sell Old Books
Books can sell for a lot of money, especially if you have old college or high school textbooks on hand. You can display these online and sell them to turn a profit. Teenagers will benefit from this because they already have access to expensive textbooks that other students need.
Whether you have high school English textbooks or some used paperbacks from elementary school, there are people out there who will invest in your used items. You can open up a shop with a personal site or sell them on places like eBay or Amazon. Textbooks tend to sell for more, but you can still make a decent profit off regular novels.
If you’re a teenager who loves to write, people out there will pay you to write articles. Websites from golfing companies to sci-fi fandoms need content. With this endless need for words comes a desire to hire writers, no matter how old they may be. The skills are what matter.
Sometimes, these articles may be ghostwritten, meaning your name won’t be on them. This method is a great way to practice writing while also making money online as a teenager. There are so many people out there who need this skill, so it doesn’t hurt to try if you’re great at writing!
Freelance Your Skills
There are many sites online that will allow you to freelance your skills. Whether you are an excellent graphic designer or an exciting songwriter, there is someone out there who will pay you even if you’re a teenager. Freelancing your skills is a freeing occupation.
Some examples of skills that you can freelance out include:
- Writing: Writing is a critical skill, and you can offer to write everything from blog posts to articles for customers.
- Drawing: Some people need drawing done, whether for a book or their wall. You can display your skills and help out clients.
- Editing: As an editor, you can proofread items like essays to ensure they’re in tip-top shape before the customer sends them out.
- Designing: If you can use Photoshop, you can create logos and other visual displays for customers.
People need all these skills in their lives.
If you think you’re good enough to help others, offer them a freelancing service using Fiverr or Freelancer. Ask a parent to help you set up your profile, and you can get started right away.
Are you an artistic person? If so, you can design t-shirts and sell them online. This action can be through a creative site, a personal site, or a site that will sell your designs in bulk. There are many ways to put your design on pieces that people wear, and teenagers can profit from this quite a bit.
If you have cool designs, check out some websites that will place the design on clothing and allow you to open a shop to sell these pieces. There are plenty out there, and very few have age restrictions. Ask a parent to help you through the process to ensure you’re being as safe as possible.
Become a Social Media Manager
There is a higher demand for social media managers in a world where social media influencers are making as much money as full-time jobs. If you’re a teen with social media literacy, you can become a social media manager and keep posts in line for cash.
If you feel great at being organized and have solid social media skills, ask your parents to help you search the web for people who might need your services. Together, you can work out a work schedule, and you can make a solid amount online! You’ll also be acquiring skills that will help you get jobs later in life.
Play Video Games
Gamers can make a solid income online if they garner a wide enough audience. If you love to play video games, there’s a way you can make money as a teenager. All you need to do is provide a personality that people will love, and there’s a way to bring in income no matter how old you are.
Some types of video games you can play for fans include:
- Horror: People love horror but are often scared to play it. When you play, they can laugh and skip through the scary parts if they want to do so.
- Story-based: Stories are always captivating. There are many big-name story-driven games that people don’t have but would love to see played out on screen.
- Action: Some people love the action! You can play these and provide entertaining commentary that will make all types of people laugh.
There’s an audience for each of these.
The best way to earn income as a teenager through video games is by streaming through either YouTube or Twitch. Both of these have established consumers that may want to check out what you’re offering on your page.
Safety Tips for Working Online as a Teen
If you’re working online, it’s critical to know how to stay safe while working through the internet. There are many dangers and scams out there that are easy to fall into if you don’t know what you’re doing. Safety online is one of the best things you can understand.
To stay safe while working online as a teenager, you should always:
- Avoid giving out personal information: Don’t give out personal information online. You never know who’s out there looking for someone to take advantage of.
- Tell a parent: Always tell a parent before you start making money online. They can help you stay safe while you figure out a way to get paid.
- Don’t accept unknown emails or calls: Don’t accept any forms of contact you aren’t expecting. You never know when a scammer could be trying to take advantage of you.
These tips, and more, will keep you safer online.
Use common sense whenever you work online. Not everybody will have your best interests at heart when they employ you. Keep this in mind when you’re looking for a way to earn money online as a teenager. Too much caution is better than none at all!
There are many online jobs for teens if you’re looking for a way to earn money as a young person. It’s never too late to get started. With that money, you can save it, invest it, or spend it. The choice is yours, and you’ll be getting a significant jump-start on your peers.
Whether you’re great at making videos or writing articles, there is a way you can make money online as a teenager. Although you need to be eighteen for most of these money-making endeavors, there are options for any teen if you look hard enough. It’s never too early!
Credit Cards2 years ago
What is Credit Utilization And How Can You Use It To Improve Your Credit Score?
Crypto2 years ago
What Is Cryptocurrency? The Ultimate Crypto Learning Resource
Credit Cards2 years ago
How Credit Score Works
Crypto2 years ago
How To Buy VeChain (VET) – A Quick Step By Step Guide